artfully distressed

pictures of what I create and the places, people and ideas which inspire my art.

Wednesday 2 May 2012

WOYWW 2/5/12

It's wednesday so it must be time to share what's on my desk today. To have a nosy at some other desks join the fun at Julia's blog here. I have been playing with Pan Pastels this week, yummy! I want to get to know how to use them and so was practising a technique that Lin Brown uses a lot, (check out her blog for loads of great inspiration at http://yoursartfully.blogspot.co.uk).


Basically you put a layer of pan pastel on to your smooth card using a sponge and then dab versamark through a mask before putting more pan pastel of the same colour over the top. The colour will come out darker where the versamark is so it gives a really nice effect. Spray with hairspray to fix and stamp over the top. I used archival ink and the stamp is from a paperartsy hot picks plate. I have 12 colours of Pan Pastel at the moment so I decided to make these sample boards so that I could see how all the colours look using this technique. I think my favourites at the moment are the first three here...


I really like them all though, might save up for some more bold colours like orange, red and yellow.








15 comments:

  1. I have never heard of pan pastels, but I love the effect you have created. They are lovely!
    Diane
    79

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look so pretty
    have a fab crafty week and
    happy woyww
    kay #38

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have done these are lovely!!have fun playing some kore this week hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing about pans pastel but have'nt tried them yet. you've some great examples on your desk thanks for sharing , happy crafting jill #156

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. It all sounds so technical to me! They are very pretty though, and I like how you labeled them so you'll know how to duplicate a look later on. Very organized!!!

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs,
    Kay #33

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are pan pastels sort of like a chalk then? Anyway I love your sample board of what you can do with. Thanks for sharing the technique too, that is very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A marvelous look! I don't paper craft but this is very interesting to me! Thanks for sharing...Happy WOYWW #130

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you have created but havent heard of Pan Pastels before. Tracey x ±90

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous art work, they are all beautiful :)

    Have a great WOYWW and a lovely week, Hugs, Karen xx #12

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab technique with wonderful results - thanks for sharing - Hazel #10 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will have to look up pans pastels as not heard of them before love the effect you have created. Hugs, Amanda #123

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have 3 pan pastels on order and cannot wait until they arrive, I will try out your technique so thank you for sharing it. Anne x #44

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO pretty!

    I play along at Altered Alice sometimes, too--it's a great challenge blog!

    :)trisha
    #181

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never heard of pan pastels must check out what you are taling about now. Nice work, interesting technique. Thanks for sharing

    Eliza
    #19

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Pan Pastel backgrounds - lookin' good!

    I'm a bit late doing my rounds this week....phew... glad it's Friday! Happy WOYWW Asia #52

    Ps. I’m celebrating my 2nd Blogaversary and have a sweet little candy for grabs ;-).

    ReplyDelete