artfully distressed

pictures of what I create and the places, people and ideas which inspire my art.

Monday 19 March 2012

AFTH Workshops

Sorry I have been awol for a while, I have been so busy creating design team samples but I'm not allowed to share them yet! I made 3 new scrapbook layouts for WOW embossing powders which will be on their stand at the NEC next weekend and I have just posted my next batch of 12 cards for Indigo Blu ready for Wednesdays Create and Craft show. They are launching some fabulous new stamps - check it out at 11am or visit their website here. I'll also be doing my first blog post for Indigo Blu soon.

I did find a bit of time to just play on Saturday though. It was the GNPE show at Harrogate this weekend and my friend Sharon and I were going so we decided to drop in at Art From The Heart in the morning and take the opportunity to do a couple of the taster classes. We did the same last year when it was their 10th Anniversary and had such a good time we couldn't resist going again - especially when the classes are so cheap!

Each workshop was an hour. First we had Dyan, (owner of Art From The Heart and now a Ranger designer), and we played with her new line of sprays and stamps.



Next, after a break to browse the shop and samples, we had a workshop with Kate Crane. Her sample was made using Dy's stamps but when Kate said we should feel free to have a look through the stamps on the shelves in the classroom and use those instead I went straight for the Stampotique range. Love these stamps but as they are wood mounted they cost a bit more so I need to save my pennies. Using them was such good fun though they are definetly on my wish list.

Here's my version,


Like many of you out there I have also signed up for Tim Holtz's first online class. It started today, I haven't had much chance to look yet and this week will be busy but I have some leave coming up so you know what I'll be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment